Thursday, April 10, 2008

getting started

I've been wrestling with all of this in my mind. reading everything twice , searching web for articles. Praying and looking for the next footprint to put my foot into. I am wondering if what Katie says is true that I am making it too difficult. Yes maybe. Are we not just going to be the church of Jesus. Maybe we are not starting a not for profit or Moglo or a commune. Maybe it is just the Church. Of course nothing like the church that we see but very much like the church in Acts. So next steps are easier....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, fellow Christians in the Mooresville area I happened across your page and would like to invite you to please visit my blog Not So Horrid Insight at notsohorrid.blogspot.com

thewayout said...

i find this a hard thought to wrestle with sometimes. what are we and how do we explain who we are and what we do. v.s. just doing it. part of me wants to be able to explain what we are dreaming and wanting to do without using the word "church" because of the luggage that carries with it sometimes.
man oh man, that is a hard thought. i think we have been struggling with this even about the quest and what it is. we need to keep praying about this, because it is not clear. are we doing the non-profit research, mission, vision because the world sees that stuff and demands it? or is it good to have, to be able to explain what we do and how we act, etc.? there has to be a balance in there somewhere...

thewayout said...

luggage? did i write luggage? i meant baggage. but what is bigger? never mind...i am losing my mind...